Web 2.0 is the way of the future. From personal experience along with the readings for class I have seen how useful interactive websites can be. Some web 2.0 sites that I believe will be helpful in the classroom are kahnacademy.com and youtube.com. Kahnacademey helps students with math questions and gives them practice questions to do on their own. For someone like me who is absolutely terrible at math, this site is amazing. This is something that has helped me as an adult studying for standardized math tests as well as my 2nd grade nephew studying for his multiplication test. Overall, I think this is a great site and is super useful to lots of students. The other 2.0 website that I think will be useful is youtube.com. There are millions and millions of videos from instructional videos for teachers to learn new and different ways to teach to visual aid videos that a teacher can use to show her students something. There are endless possibilities with that site. The site that I did my powerpoint presentation on is ourstory.com which can also be very useful to students and teachers-check it out
Lane,
ReplyDeleteHaving never heard previously of ourstory.com, I really like the concept. It has many similarities to my favorite web 2.0 application, Facebook. One thing that I like over Facebook is that you have the ability to go more in depth with your writing. Ourstory.com seems like a great way to document in every form, audio/video and writing, those moments that should never be forgotten.
I also agree with your post about YouTube being useful in teaching. As a P.E. teacher I think that YouTube will be very helpful. Many schools that I have taught at have a large projector screen in the gym. YouTube would be a great way to play a short instructional video on how to play a game. I have found YouTube helpful as a teacher as well. After reading the rules of a game, sometimes I am still left with some confusion, but after viewing a video of the students actually playing it, this usually ties everything together for me. Hopefully this will be the case for future students as well. Thanks for the post!