Sunday, May 11, 2014
technology integration blog 2
After reading chapter 11 on integrating technology in mathematics and science instruction I saw the site http://mathforum.org. I figured as an early elementary teacher math shouldn't really be a problem for me but after visiting the site I saw that there are hundreds of different, interesting ways to teach math to young students. I loved this site because not only is it a great site for parents and students to use-it is also a helpful resource for teachers. It has tons of ideas for teachers, activities and puzzles, teacher exchanges, and fun sites for kids. I think that I would definitely use the kids site in the future- I loved this one I found http://www.mathcats.com/.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lane,
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your post and visiting mathcats.com, I agree with you that this seems to be a great website students and teachers alike to use math in the classroom. With math always being a struggle for me, I like the way that mathcats made learning into games, story problems, and fun facts. This allows to students to learn and retain more knowledge by having fun in the process. For example did you know that I am 978,440,556 seconds old? Haha. When substitute teaching at elementary schools, many times the students are able to go to the computers for educational websites/games. I really like now having this as another option. Thank you!